NH mayor points to pensions on police hires in grant debate
Mayor Ted Gatsas says new pension cost projections may prove sobering to the aldermen
By Ted Siefer
New Hampshire Union Leader
MANCHESTER, N.H. — Aldermen are expected to again consider whether to finalize federal grants to hire additional police and firefighters at a special meeting this evening.
Mayor Ted Gatsas says new pension cost projections may prove sobering to the aldermen, who overrode the mayor's veto of the grants earlier this summer.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Milwaukee Sheriff Clarke takes job with Homeland Security
- Video: Deputy shoots armed man who charged at him during traffic stop
- Judge haunted by release of man in deadly Ohio shootings
- Off-duty cop helps detain man who tried to break cockpit door mid-flight
- Grand jury doesn't indict Ohio officer for fatally shooting teen