Lauded Ga. police department gets grant
Officials weren’t expecting to get the annual grant to fund the department’s division of Highway Enforcement of Aggressive Traffic
Henry Daily Herald
McDONOUGH, Ga. — Henry County police got an unexpected financial boost for 2013 because the department and its officers have been recognized for outstanding work, said authorities.
Officials weren’t expecting to get the annual grant to fund the department’s division of Highway Enforcement of Aggressive Traffic because the state planned to cut it for Henry. Maj. Mark Amerman said the money came through because of the outstanding work of officers dedicated to the program.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Lauded Ga. police department gets grant
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Trooper under investigation for calling ICE to report illegal immigrant
- Police say newly freed gang member killed Calif. officer
- Sheriff Joe successor pulls back on immigration holds in jails
- Bystander helps officer under attack by jumping on suspect's back
- Ala. church asks for its own police department