Ky. police get grants for body armor
CPD Chief said grant will allow the department to equip every officer with a new body armor vest
CADIZ, Ky. – The Cadiz Police Department has been awarded two grants totaling $8,550 to purchase new body armor.
CPD Chief Hollis Alexander said the grant will allow the department to equip every officer with a new body armor vest.
“It’s been a while since our department had new body armor, and this grant will allow us to purchase new vests for each officer,” said CPD Chief Hollis Alexander. “Most of the armor being worn by our officers is approaching the end of their guaranteed shelf life, and this grant allows us to purchase new ones.”
Full Story: Cadiz Police Awarded Grants for Body Armor
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Trooper under investigation for calling ICE to report illegal immigrant
- Bystander helps officer under attack by jumping on suspect's back
- Sheriff Joe successor pulls back on immigration holds in jails
- Ala. church asks for its own police department
- Police say newly freed gang member killed Calif. officer