Mass. police department to get $360K drug grant
The town is among 8 bay state cities to share in $3.6M in federal funds to fight prescription drug abuse
BROCKTON, Mass. — Brockton will be among eight cities statewide to receive a portion of $3.6 million in federal funds to fight prescription drug abuse in youths ages 12 to 25.
Gov. Deval Patrick on Thursday announced the funding, which will go to the state Department of Public Health and then be distributed to Brockton and seven other cities.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Mass. police department to get $360K drug grant
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- 84-year-old cop retires after 61 years on force
- Wash. officer shot multiple times during domestic call dies
- Retired RI cop helps Fla. trooper under attack
- Police: Marksman fatally shot Wash. cop killer who was using child as shield
- Photo: Son of slain Mo. cop receives teddy bears made from dad’s uniform