NY police will get new fingerprint scanner
In the past, police used to take fingerprints on a card and mail them to the state and federal agencies
The Evening Telegram
HERKIMER, N.Y. — The Herkimer Police Department will be getting a new fingerprint scanning unit, courtesy of the state of New York.
Police Chief Joseph Malone asked the village board for authorization to accept the new unit during a meeting Monday night.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: NY police will get new fingerprint scanner
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: Mich. cop shatters car window after driver refuses to give ID
- Man blows up hand while attempting to kill 2 Ky. deputies
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- Man who claimed girlfriend choked during oral sex acquitted in murder case
- Police: 'Severely battered' off-duty Del. trooper fatally shoots boyfriend