Mass. police received grant for pedestrian safety after spate of accidents
At least 92 pedestrian accidents have occurred in Quincy this year
The Patriot Ledger
QUINCY, Mass. — Officials are ramping up their focus on pedestrian safety in the city after a rash of accidents this year, three of which have resulted in deaths.
Police have been citing drivers and conducting undercover stings posing as pedestrians, and the city council is calling for hearings on what can be done to reduce the accidents' frequency.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman