Safety personnel apply for grant to upgrade radio communication
Public Safety officials got permission to investigate a $500,000 Community Innovation Challenge grant in hopes of improving regional communications
The Daily News of Newburyport
WEST NEWBURY, Mass. — Public Safety officials got permission to investigate a $500,000 Community Innovation Challenge grant in hopes of improving regional communications and addressing problems with in-town emergency radio capacity.
At a meeting last week, police Chief Lisa Holmes and fire Chief Scott Berkenbush told selectmen the grant would be applied for jointly by safety personnel in Amesbury, Merrimac, Newburyport, Salisbury and West Newbury. The microwave radio system would provide a foundation that each community could tap into, Holmes said following the meeting.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Texas cops don cowboy hats with uniforms