Grant will allow more OUI patrols in Mass. town
Grants were awarded to 48 municipal police department by the state Executive Office of Public Safety and Security
The Patriot Ledger
HINGHAM, Mass. — Hingham police plan to use state grant money to step up patrols targeting drunken drivers during the holiday season.
Grants were awarded to 48 municipal police department by the state Executive Office of Public Safety and Security. They will be used to put additional patrols on the road from now to Jan. 1. Patrols will be focused on times of day and parts of town where past drunken driving arrests and crashes have occurred.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Grant will allow more OUI patrols in Mass. town
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help