Grant funds overtime pay and safety enforcement in Ariz.
COTTONWOOD, Ariz. — Cottonwood Police have received $21,000 in grant-in-aid funding for DUI and traffic safety enforcement from the Arizona Governor's Office of Highway Safety.
Awarded on Oct. 1, the funds may be used until Sept. 30, 2013.
Cottonwood Police will use $6,000 to fund officers' overtime to conduct Selective Enforcement Patrols (STEP).
Full Story: Police grants will fund Cottonwood DUI patrols
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman