Grant funds overtime pay and safety enforcement in Ariz.
COTTONWOOD, Ariz. — Cottonwood Police have received $21,000 in grant-in-aid funding for DUI and traffic safety enforcement from the Arizona Governor's Office of Highway Safety.
Awarded on Oct. 1, the funds may be used until Sept. 30, 2013.
Cottonwood Police will use $6,000 to fund officers' overtime to conduct Selective Enforcement Patrols (STEP).
Full Story: Police grants will fund Cottonwood DUI patrols
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help