Idaho police report significant drop in DUI arrests in 2012, thanks in part to grant
here have been additional officers in the region looking for drunk drivers as part of a grant from the Office of Highway Safety
US Official News
Boise, Idaho — Boise Police report a significant decrease from 2011 to 2012 in DUI's in the city. According to Charles McClure with the Boise Police Department, Boise Police arrested 1319 people on DUI charges in 2011. But as of Friday, Dec. 28 at 10:00 a.m., Boise Police had only arrested 1116 people for DUI in 2012.
"Boise Police want to thank the citizens who have chosen to do the right thing when it comes to the responsible use of alcohol," said McClure.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: Deputy shoots armed man who charged at him during traffic stop
- Judge haunted by release of man in deadly Ohio shootings
- Off-duty cop helps detain man who tried to break cockpit door mid-flight
- Va. sheriff’s office forced to remove 'blessed are the peacemakers' decals
- Actor Tom Hanks is on the beat, flagging car for police