Idaho police report significant drop in DUI arrests in 2012, thanks in part to grant
here have been additional officers in the region looking for drunk drivers as part of a grant from the Office of Highway Safety
US Official News
Boise, Idaho — Boise Police report a significant decrease from 2011 to 2012 in DUI's in the city. According to Charles McClure with the Boise Police Department, Boise Police arrested 1319 people on DUI charges in 2011. But as of Friday, Dec. 28 at 10:00 a.m., Boise Police had only arrested 1116 people for DUI in 2012.
"Boise Police want to thank the citizens who have chosen to do the right thing when it comes to the responsible use of alcohol," said McClure.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests