Mass towns consider regional dispatch model, increase in grant money
Towns that adopt that model have been rewarded with increased grant money and the savings that come from sharing resources
HOLDEN, Mass. — In recent years, state and federal agencies have encouraged communities to move to a regional dispatch model. Towns that adopt that model have been rewarded with increased grant money and the savings that come from sharing resources.
It's a move that Police Chief George Sherrill is interested in pursuing with the town of Princeton.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Trooper under investigation for calling ICE to report illegal immigrant
- Sheriff Joe successor pulls back on immigration holds in jails
- Bystander helps officer under attack by jumping on suspect's back
- Ala. church asks for its own police department
- Police say newly freed gang member killed Calif. officer