Year-long grant will help combat impaired driving in Maine beyond holidays
RUMFORD, Maine — Local police will be conducting impaired driving patrols through the holidays, thanks to a $9,900 grant to the Rumford Police Department, Chief Stacy Carter said Thursday night.
The Bureau of Highway Safety grant will allow the department to provide extra patrols.
“Generally, those grants are for a short period, but this is a year-long grant, so hopefully, we can best utilize it to keep the roads safe for our citizens,” Carter said.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Wash. officer shot multiple times during domestic call dies
- 84-year-old cop retires after 61 years on force
- No charges for Charlotte officer who fatally shot Keith Lamont Scott
- Retired RI cop helps Fla. trooper under attack
- Fla. woman urinates, defecates in patrol car after throwing dog into traffic