Year-long grant will help combat impaired driving in Maine beyond holidays
RUMFORD, Maine — Local police will be conducting impaired driving patrols through the holidays, thanks to a $9,900 grant to the Rumford Police Department, Chief Stacy Carter said Thursday night.
The Bureau of Highway Safety grant will allow the department to provide extra patrols.
“Generally, those grants are for a short period, but this is a year-long grant, so hopefully, we can best utilize it to keep the roads safe for our citizens,” Carter said.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Trooper under investigation for calling ICE to report illegal immigrant
- Police say newly freed gang member killed Calif. officer
- Bystander helps officer under attack by jumping on suspect's back
- Sheriff Joe successor pulls back on immigration holds in jails
- Ala. church asks for its own police department