Year-long grant will help combat impaired driving in Maine beyond holidays
RUMFORD, Maine — Local police will be conducting impaired driving patrols through the holidays, thanks to a $9,900 grant to the Rumford Police Department, Chief Stacy Carter said Thursday night.
The Bureau of Highway Safety grant will allow the department to provide extra patrols.
“Generally, those grants are for a short period, but this is a year-long grant, so hopefully, we can best utilize it to keep the roads safe for our citizens,” Carter said.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- UK police: 19 dead, roughly 50 injured after explosion at Ariana Grande concert
- 2 words that should never appear in your police report
- NYPD: Train worker refused to open gate for cop pursuing shoplifter
- Police: 'Severely battered' off-duty Del. trooper fatally shoots boyfriend