Calif. police department granted $70K for traffic safety awareness
The grant will fund DUI patrols, motorcycle safety enforcement, distracted driving, red-light runners and speeding motorists
PORTERVILLE, Calif. — For the next year, Porterville police will get some help fighting DUI, distracted driving and other traffic-related enforcement.
As part of an Office of Traffic Safety grant, Porterville will get $69,609 in an attempt to make the public more aware of traffic safety problems and conduct extra enforcement details.
The grant will fund: DUI patrols, motorcycle safety enforcement, distracted driving, red-light runners and speeding motorists, as well as warrant and court stings.
Full Story: Porterville police get big grant
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- UK police: 19 dead, roughly 50 injured after explosion at Ariana Grande concert
- 2 words that should never appear in your police report
- NYPD: Train worker refused to open gate for cop pursuing shoplifter
- Police: 'Severely battered' off-duty Del. trooper fatally shoots boyfriend