Calif. police department granted $70K for traffic safety awareness
The grant will fund DUI patrols, motorcycle safety enforcement, distracted driving, red-light runners and speeding motorists
PORTERVILLE, Calif. — For the next year, Porterville police will get some help fighting DUI, distracted driving and other traffic-related enforcement.
As part of an Office of Traffic Safety grant, Porterville will get $69,609 in an attempt to make the public more aware of traffic safety problems and conduct extra enforcement details.
The grant will fund: DUI patrols, motorcycle safety enforcement, distracted driving, red-light runners and speeding motorists, as well as warrant and court stings.
Full Story: Porterville police get big grant
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- AG Lynch: US must hold police accountable
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help