Utah police unveil new hovercraft with $100K grant
It's supposed to be used to patrol a dam, already secured by 24-hour police presence, security cameras and motion detectors
By Marissa Lang
The Salt Lake Tribune
DAGGETT COUNTY, Utah — Whips of wind cut through Lucerne Valley early Saturday as ice fisherman Mike Musselman inched slowly ontothe frozen lake. Beneath his feet, the slippery surface of Flaming Gorge Reservoir creaked and groaned. Cracks in the ice glistened under pools of fresh water.
"In three or so hours," Musselman warned. "This ice will be gone."
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: Mich. cop shatters car window after driver refuses to give ID
- Man blows up hand while attempting to kill 2 Ky. deputies
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- Man who claimed girlfriend choked during oral sex acquitted in murder case
- Police: 'Severely battered' off-duty Del. trooper fatally shoots boyfriend