Ohio police hope for ammo grant
FLORENCE, Ohio — The Florence Police Department is looking for some help filling its clips.
The department is applying for the Law Enforcement Protection Program (LEPP) grant to pay for ammunition.
The grant, administered by the Kentucky Office of Homeland Security (KOHS), is funded by the sale of confiscated firearms throughout the state. The grant is then used to purchase body armor, firearms, ammunition, electronic-control devices, electronic-control weapons or electron-muscular disruption technology for departments in Kentucky.
Full Story: Florence police hoping for ammo grant
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court