Mass. police to buy child safety seats with grant
ROCHESTER, Mass. — The Rochester Police Department was awarded a $1,500 grant this week from the state’s Executive Office of Public Safety and Security Highway Safety Division.
The department will use funds from the grant to purchase a number of child car seats to be distributed and installed by Child Passenger Safety Technician Officer Robert Nordahl. Rochester Police Chief Paul Magee credited Nordahl with writing the grant.
"Officer Nordahl did a great job preparing this grant which resulted in the maximum award amount being issued to the department," Magee said in a released statement.
Full Story: Rochester Police receive $1,500 grant
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police