Va. police planner spends, with an eye on public safety
By Tony Stein
CHESAPEAKE, Va. — In a way, it's a shopping list. Not, though, for the everyday items of our lives or for the toys kids hope Santa brings on Christmas. What Paul Leccese has been seeking is what a police department needs to meet the changing challenges of yesterday, today and tomorrow.
Leccese is the planner of Chesapeake's police department. The heart of his job is writing grant requests for federal and/or state money that pays for upgrades on a broad front of what it takes to keep a city safe and its police force ready.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman
- Video: Mo. governor completes SWAT challenge in honor of slain deputy