NRA awards Texas department with grant
LIBERTY, Texas — The Liberty Police Department was awarded a grant by the National Rifle Association Foundation (NRA) for $7564.75 to purchase patrol rifles and related equipment and ammunition.
This is a nationwide program offered by NRA Foundation to assist law enforcement agencies in purchasing weapons necessary to provide adequate protection for officers and their communities.
With this grant the Liberty Police Department has purchased 5 AR-15 Bushmasters, with collapsible stocks, Eotech Red Dot sights, 2-30 round magazines each, sling and waterproof carrying case. Each of these units is worth approximately $1000.00.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court