Calif. police, fire receive State Farm grants
Ventura County Star
OXNARD, Calif. — The Oxnard fire and police departments will each receive a grant from State Farm Insurance during the Oxnard City Council meeting Tuesday.
Oxnard police will receive $5,150 for training and a system to help officers retrieve information from vehicle black boxes. Oxnard firefighters will receive $5,000 to refurbish eight water vacuums used in flooding emergencies.
Full Story: Oxnard fire, police departments to receive grant
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court