Calif. police, fire receive State Farm grants
Ventura County Star
OXNARD, Calif. — The Oxnard fire and police departments will each receive a grant from State Farm Insurance during the Oxnard City Council meeting Tuesday.
Oxnard police will receive $5,150 for training and a system to help officers retrieve information from vehicle black boxes. Oxnard firefighters will receive $5,000 to refurbish eight water vacuums used in flooding emergencies.
Full Story: Oxnard fire, police departments to receive grant
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Milwaukee Sheriff Clarke takes job with Homeland Security
- Video: Deputy shoots armed man who charged at him during traffic stop
- Judge haunted by release of man in deadly Ohio shootings
- Off-duty cop helps detain man who tried to break cockpit door mid-flight
- Grand jury doesn't indict Ohio officer for fatally shooting teen