Fla. police add boat to fleet purchased with seized money
The $145,000 boat wasn't paid for by city taxpayers, but by the very people it's designed to pursue
By Eliot Kleinberg
Palm Beach Post
BOYNTON BEACH, Fla. — The bad guys on the briny have yet another foe to consider.
It's a sleek white 32-footer with twin 300-horsepower outboards, top-of-the-line electronics, and, on top, a flashing blue and white light and a really loud speaker through which the two men aboard can shout, "Boynton Beach police."
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
- Airborne / Maritime
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Man blows up hand while attempting to kill 2 Ky. deputies
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- Man who claimed girlfriend choked during oral sex acquitted in murder case
- Police: 'Severely battered' off-duty Del. trooper fatally shoots boyfriend
- UK police: 19 dead, roughly 50 injured after explosion at Ariana Grande concert