Mass. police awarded bike and pedestrian safety grant
The Rockland Mariner
ROCKLAND, Mass. — The Rockland Police Department has been awarded a grant from the Executive Office of Public Safety and Security’s Highway Safety Division.
The FFY 2013 Pedestrian, Bicycle and Moped-Type Traffic Enforcement Safety Grant will provide funds to the Rockland Police Department to develop and enhance effective pedestrian, bicycle and/or moped-related enforcement efforts to reduce fatalities and injuries.
Between 2005-2010 2,000 bicyclists and pedestrians were injured in Massachusetts and 420 persons died while riding or walking on or near Massachusetts roadways, according to the Massachusetts Traffic Records Analysis Center
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court