Tenn. agency to replace breathalyzers with grant funds
By Stephen Abel
THOMASVILLE, Ga. — One south Georgia law enforcement agency recently received much needed financial help for a mandatory upgrade.
The Thomasville Police department got an $8,000 grant from the Governor's Office of Highway Safety.
"This is great because we can use the funds that we already budgeted in another area to buy some more equipment that's needed in the department. So this is very important," said Chief Ellis Jackson.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- 84-year-old cop retires after 61 years on force
- Wash. officer shot multiple times during domestic call dies
- Retired RI cop helps Fla. trooper under attack
- Police: Marksman fatally shot Wash. cop killer who was using child as shield
- Photo: Son of slain Mo. cop receives teddy bears made from dad’s uniform