Pa. town secures funds for mobile command vehicle
By Tom De Martini
Upper Macungie Patch
UPPER MACUNGIE TWNSHP, Pa. — Upper Macungie Township has secured a $15,000 grant from the Lehigh County Revitalization Grant Program, which marks the first monies obtained in the quest to purchase a mobile command vehicle that would serve three municipalities.
The command vehicle, which is estimated to cost between $425,000 and $450,000, would be used for emergencies in South Whitehall, Upper Macungie and North Whitehall townships.
The high-tech vehicle would be equipped with the latest communications technology, including satellite, that could be used in large-scale emergencies that require unified command and control.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house