Louisiana police get cameras thanks to grant
By Marcelle Hanemann
The Daily News
BOGALUSA, La. — Footage from cameras positioned on windshields of law enforcement vehicles is becoming a familiar sight on television shows and news reports, and now the Bogalusa Police Department has the equipment to get in on the action.
More importantly, the BPD has a new tool that will help it locate and bring in criminals while also providing documentation that could back up officers’ accounts of their actions.
Thanks to an approximately $95,000 federal grant, 10 BPD units have been fitted with two cameras apiece.
Full Story: 10 police units get cameras thanks to grant
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Texas cops don cowboy hats with uniforms