Louisiana police get cameras thanks to grant
By Marcelle Hanemann
The Daily News
BOGALUSA, La. — Footage from cameras positioned on windshields of law enforcement vehicles is becoming a familiar sight on television shows and news reports, and now the Bogalusa Police Department has the equipment to get in on the action.
More importantly, the BPD has a new tool that will help it locate and bring in criminals while also providing documentation that could back up officers’ accounts of their actions.
Thanks to an approximately $95,000 federal grant, 10 BPD units have been fitted with two cameras apiece.
Full Story: 10 police units get cameras thanks to grant
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman