Ky. police receive federal grant aimed at reducing violence
By Stephan Johnson
LOUISVILLE, Ky. — Guns, gang violence and drugs are the focus of a $300,000 federal grant aimed at reducing violent crime across the country.
It's called Project Safe Neighborhoods, and it's now taking aim at Louisville's Parkland neighborhood.
Metro Police applied for the grant hoping to get rid of the gangs, guns and drug problems there.
Full Story: Police: Federal grant to clean up Parkland
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police