Pa. police get funding for station renovations
By Susan Bettinger
HARVEYS LAKE, Pa. — The borough has received approval from Harrisburg for the $78,000 state Local Share Account grant that will be used to make updates and repairs on the existing police station.
The money will pay for the station’s foundation and walls to be renovated, as well as an upgrade to the air-conditioning and heating systems among other repairs. The borough now has to wait to receive the revised contract before putting the work contacts out to bid. This action is expected to take place within the next few weeks.
LSA grants are funded by casino gaming in the state.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court