Ark. police receive grant for ECDs, body armor
By Lee Hogan
CONWAY, Ark. — The Conway Police Department and the Faulkner County Sheriff’s Office will receive the Edward Byrne Memorial Justice Assistance Grant, which the two agencies jointly applied for earlier this summer.
The two agencies will receive $23,097, with each receiving approximately $11,548.50. According to Executive assistant to the Chief of Police Dara Tapley, the agencies have applied for the funding numerous times in the past.
FCSO Chief Deputy Matt Rice previously said the sheriff’s office planned to use its share of the funds on six stun guns, four bulletproof vests and two radar guns.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house