$3.5M fleet of new vehicles purchased by Ohio police
By Taylor Dungjen
TOLEDO, Ohio — Toledo police will soon be patrolling the city streets in new, safer vehicles.
New to the department’s fleet are 28 Ford Interceptor sedans, 25 Ford Interceptor SUVs, 51 Ford Fusions, seven E-150 vans, five police wagons, and one Ford Expedition.
Funding came from the city’s capital-improvements fund, said Jen Sorgenfrei, city spokesman.
Full Story: Toledo police get $3.5M fleet
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help