NY Police Athletic League receives StubHub grant
By Staten Island Advance
STATEN ISLAND, N.Y. — The New York City Police Athletic League announced that it has been named a StubHub Rising Star, receiving a major grant of $200,000 over the next three years from the StubHub Foundation, a corporate advise fund of the Silicon Valley Community Foundation.
The grant will help support year-round PAL's sports programs for inner-city boys and girls, including youngsters on Staten Island.
The award provides funding for the research, development and implementation of a state-of-the art elite sports clinic, general operating support for sports programming, and funding for summer special events and activities.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- 84-year-old cop retires after 61 years on force
- Wash. officer shot multiple times during domestic call dies
- No charges for Charlotte officer who fatally shot Keith Lamont Scott
- Retired RI cop helps Fla. trooper under attack
- Fla. woman urinates, defecates in patrol car after throwing dog into traffic