NJ police get new K-9 thanks to Steelers quarterback
FORT LEE, N.J. — Fort Lee police are getting a new dog for their K-9 unit, thanks to quarterback Ben Roethlisberger.
Fort Lee and Fairfield police are the second and third police departments to receive grants this football season from The Ben Roethlisberger Foundation at The Giving Back Fund.
“This grant will enable Fort Lee to expand our K-9 unit and enhance the safety of our community through proactive patrols which combat drugs and criminal activity,” Fort Lee Police Chief Keith bendul said.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman