NC police get funding approved for gang unit
By Holden Kurwicki
WILMINGTON, N.C. — Wilmington Police Chief Ralph Evangelous asked for and received more than $142,000 for a new gang investigative unit, and reinforcements are coming to his department not a minute too soon.
“Our officers are running ragged and we can't be effective running from call, to call, to call,” said Wilmington Police Chief Ralph Evangelous.
Help is on the way for the Wilmington Police Department in the form of a new five member gang investigative unit.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house