Minn. police fight underage liquor sales through grant
By Becky Glander
MAPLE GROVE, Minn. — Managers of local liquor stores, bars and restaurants know that police conduct alcohol compliance checks, making sure they are not selling to underage patrons.
Partnership for Change is helping to make those checks more regular by providing grants to Maple Grove and Osseo police departments, enabling departments to spread those checks throughout the year.
“Spreading them out will keep all businesses on their toes,” according to officer Shane Mikkelson, Osseo Police Department.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help