Minn. police fight underage liquor sales through grant
By Becky Glander
MAPLE GROVE, Minn. — Managers of local liquor stores, bars and restaurants know that police conduct alcohol compliance checks, making sure they are not selling to underage patrons.
Partnership for Change is helping to make those checks more regular by providing grants to Maple Grove and Osseo police departments, enabling departments to spread those checks throughout the year.
“Spreading them out will keep all businesses on their toes,” according to officer Shane Mikkelson, Osseo Police Department.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: Deputy shoots armed man who charged at him during traffic stop
- Va. sheriff’s office forced to remove 'blessed are the peacemakers' decals
- Judge haunted by release of man in deadly Ohio shootings
- Off-duty cop helps detain man who tried to break cockpit door mid-flight
- UK police: 19 dead, roughly 50 injured after explosion at Ariana Grande concert