Police in Maine get grant for training guns
By Ann Bryant
Franklin Sun Journal
FARMINGTON, Maine — The Board of Selectmen unanimously agreed to allow the Police Department to meet the funding match needed for a Safety Enhancement Grant. The grant provides money to buy training guns.
The department has been looking into replica weapons to use in training, police Chief Jack Peck told the board.
The department's training officer, Darin Gilbert, applied for and received a $356 grant from the Maine Municipal Association to purchase training guns, Peck said. The local match from the department is $222.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court