Police in Maine get grant for training guns
By Ann Bryant
Franklin Sun Journal
FARMINGTON, Maine — The Board of Selectmen unanimously agreed to allow the Police Department to meet the funding match needed for a Safety Enhancement Grant. The grant provides money to buy training guns.
The department has been looking into replica weapons to use in training, police Chief Jack Peck told the board.
The department's training officer, Darin Gilbert, applied for and received a $356 grant from the Maine Municipal Association to purchase training guns, Peck said. The local match from the department is $222.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- 2 words that should never appear in your police report
- Police: 'Severely battered' off-duty Del. trooper fatally shoots boyfriend
- UK police: 19 dead, roughly 50 injured after explosion at Ariana Grande concert
- NYPD: Train worker refused to open gate for cop pursuing shoplifter