Texas police get additional $20K for border
By Julie Neal
Alice Echo-News Journal
ALICE, Texas — The Alice Police Department received an early Christmas present in the form of a $20,000 addition to a grant awarded earlier this year.
Lt. Hector Zertuche said the department received a notice Nov. 19 that an adjustment had been made to a $20,000 grant they received in February through the Texas Homeland Security State Administrative Agency.
The notice stated that APD would be receiving an additional $20,000 for the local border security program for the 2013 fiscal year.
Full Story: APD border grant bumped $20,000
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help