NJ police departments receive DUI grant ahead of holidays
By Jeff Goldman
NEW JERSEY — Hundreds of New Jersey police departments have each received a $4,400 grant to participate in a holiday crackdown on drunken driving, state officials said.
The New Jersey Division of Highway Traffic Safety awarded the money to 166 agencies to use for overtime as police across the state increase enforcement during the "Drive Sober or Get Pulled Over" program.
Additional sobriety checkpoints will be set up by departments to take drunk drivers off the road as well as deter other motorists from drinking and driving.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Texas cops don cowboy hats with uniforms