Okla. police invest in body cameras through grant
By Chris Hicks
Herald Staff Writer
SAPULPA, Okla. — On Monday night, the Sapulpa City Council approved the Sapulpa Police Department’s plans to purchase 33 body cameras for use in the field.
“The City of Sapulpa has received a Justice Assistance Grant award notice in the amount of $9,867. This is a 100 percent funded grant which requires no city match,” said Finance Director Pam Vann.
The use of cameras, which started with “Dash Cams” on the dashboards of cruisers, has increased within the last five years.
Full Story: Police recieve grant, investing in camera gear
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: Mich. cop shatters car window after driver refuses to give ID
- Man blows up hand while attempting to kill 2 Ky. deputies
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- Man who claimed girlfriend choked during oral sex acquitted in murder case
- Police: 'Severely battered' off-duty Del. trooper fatally shoots boyfriend