Okla. police invest in body cameras through grant
By Chris Hicks
Herald Staff Writer
SAPULPA, Okla. — On Monday night, the Sapulpa City Council approved the Sapulpa Police Department’s plans to purchase 33 body cameras for use in the field.
“The City of Sapulpa has received a Justice Assistance Grant award notice in the amount of $9,867. This is a 100 percent funded grant which requires no city match,” said Finance Director Pam Vann.
The use of cameras, which started with “Dash Cams” on the dashboards of cruisers, has increased within the last five years.
Full Story: Police recieve grant, investing in camera gear
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Texas cops don cowboy hats with uniforms