Mass. police get $26K for K-9 unit
By Dan Gigliotti
DALTON, Mass. — The Police Department has sniffed out additional funding for the establishment of a K-9 unit.
The department was granted a total of $26,000 to the support the creation and early maintenance of a trained dog and K-9 officer.
"It's something that we're excited and gearing up for," Police Chief Jeffrey Coe said, following the formal acceptance of funds by the Select Board on Monday.
Full Story: Dalton Police Get Grant to Add K-9 Unit
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help