Mass. police get $26K for K-9 unit
By Dan Gigliotti
DALTON, Mass. — The Police Department has sniffed out additional funding for the establishment of a K-9 unit.
The department was granted a total of $26,000 to the support the creation and early maintenance of a trained dog and K-9 officer.
"It's something that we're excited and gearing up for," Police Chief Jeffrey Coe said, following the formal acceptance of funds by the Select Board on Monday.
Full Story: Dalton Police Get Grant to Add K-9 Unit
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Wash. sheriff told to disarm before entering arena for charity event
- More than 200 police chiefs criticize Trump’s 'law and order' executive actions
- Video: Nashville cop fatally shoots armed man, NAACP wants probe
- Video: NY trooper arrests suspect after being dragged by vehicle
- Booby trap impales officer investigating marijuana grow operation