Mass. police get $26K for K-9 unit
By Dan Gigliotti
DALTON, Mass. — The Police Department has sniffed out additional funding for the establishment of a K-9 unit.
The department was granted a total of $26,000 to the support the creation and early maintenance of a trained dog and K-9 officer.
"It's something that we're excited and gearing up for," Police Chief Jeffrey Coe said, following the formal acceptance of funds by the Select Board on Monday.
Full Story: Dalton Police Get Grant to Add K-9 Unit
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Milwaukee Sheriff Clarke takes job with Homeland Security
- Video: Deputy shoots armed man who charged at him during traffic stop
- Judge haunted by release of man in deadly Ohio shootings
- Off-duty cop helps detain man who tried to break cockpit door mid-flight
- Grand jury doesn't indict Ohio officer for fatally shooting teen