Ind. police chief credits grant program for drug bust
By Courtney Godfrey
AUSTIN, Ind. — Although Austin Police did all the leg work, Police Chief Donald Spicer says a large group of drug dealers and users were taken off the street last week thanks to state mandated county program.
CEASe is the result of a 1989 decision by the Indiana General Assembly to create anti-drug coalitions in every county. CEASe funds come from drug and alcohol fines collected by the courts.
The $2,500 allowed the department to purchase surveillance equipment and pay overtime to officers that work a drug investigation.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- 84-year-old cop retires after 61 years on force
- Wash. officer shot multiple times during domestic call dies
- Retired RI cop helps Fla. trooper under attack
- Police: Marksman fatally shot Wash. cop killer who was using child as shield
- Photo: Son of slain Mo. cop receives teddy bears made from dad’s uniform