Grant helps NY police purchase new vehicle
By Levi Pascher
The Leader Herald
GLOVERSVILLE, N.Y. — The city will purchase a new car for the Police Department for about $9,000, thanks in part to a $20,000 federal grant received by the department.
Chief Donald VanDeusen said the federal Byrne Jag Grant worth $20,000 was secured for the department by state Sen. Hugh Farley.
During a meeting Dec. 10 with the Common Council, VanDeusen said with the grant and $5,263 remaining in the 2013 department equipment account, the remaining amount for the city to pay will be $9,142.
Full Story: Grant helps police nab new vehicle
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help