Ind. police use grant to put more cops in schools
By Mary Wilds
CEDAR LAKE, Ind. — New grant money will allow the Hanover Community School Corp. to increase security in its schools.
The School Board accepted a Secured Schools Safety Grant for $27,687 and a 2013-14 School Year Safe Haven Grant in the amount of $13,650.
The district has received the Safe Haven grant in the past and used it to fund the school resource officer position, Superintendent Thomas Taylor said.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Man blows up hand while attempting to kill 2 Ky. deputies
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- Man who claimed girlfriend choked during oral sex acquitted in murder case
- Police: 'Severely battered' off-duty Del. trooper fatally shoots boyfriend
- UK police: 19 dead, roughly 50 injured after explosion at Ariana Grande concert