Ind. police use grant to put more cops in schools
By Mary Wilds
CEDAR LAKE, Ind. — New grant money will allow the Hanover Community School Corp. to increase security in its schools.
The School Board accepted a Secured Schools Safety Grant for $27,687 and a 2013-14 School Year Safe Haven Grant in the amount of $13,650.
The district has received the Safe Haven grant in the past and used it to fund the school resource officer position, Superintendent Thomas Taylor said.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Trooper under investigation for calling ICE to report illegal immigrant
- Sheriff Joe successor pulls back on immigration holds in jails
- Bystander helps officer under attack by jumping on suspect's back
- Ala. church asks for its own police department
- Police say newly freed gang member killed Calif. officer