Calif. police upgrade dispatch center, crusiers
By Daniel Carson
FREMONT, Calif. — The Fremont Police Department will soon use a state grant to put in a new recording system for its dispatch center and new police cruiser computers, the police chief said Thursday.
Chief Tim Wiersma said the department was awarded a $9,355 grant through the Justice Assistance Grant program for the technology upgrade.
Wiersma said the department had applied for about twice the amount of the grant award through the program — with Fremont getting the fourth highest amount of funds of any law enforcement agency in the state.
Full Story: Police department to get tech upgrade
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help