Grant funds new Wis. community policing officer
By Brittany Lake
LA CROSSE, Wis. — Community policing on the Northside will get a boost thanks to a grant from the La Crosse Community Foundation.
Unlike a regular patrol officer who may have to respond to numerous calls throughout the day, this officer will be able to work one on one with residents and children in the community.
The grant lasts for three years and assists a grant that the department was awarded from the National Community Oriented Policing Services.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: Mich. cop shatters car window after driver refuses to give ID
- Man blows up hand while attempting to kill 2 Ky. deputies
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- Man who claimed girlfriend choked during oral sex acquitted in murder case
- Police: 'Severely battered' off-duty Del. trooper fatally shoots boyfriend