Conn. police get new vehicles through grant
By Kimberly Donnelly
The Weston Forum
WESTON, Conn. — The Weston selectmen on Feb. 24 unanimously approved using $82,576 from the town’s vehicle sinking fund to purchase two new police vehicles.
Police Chief John Troxell said when the new vehicles are ready, the other 10 vehicles in the department’s fleet will be rotated so that some patrol cars become sergeants’ cars, and some of the sergeants’ vehicles will in turn be used for training or site jobs (where the vehicles mainly sit on the side of the road while officers direct traffic).
Full Story: Weston to get two new police cars
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help