Pa. police get $86K for new vehicles
BETHLEHEM, Pa. — A total of $1.507 million in grant funds for Monroe County projects was announced Thursday by State Sen. Lisa Boscola, whose senatorial district includes part of that county.
The grants are part of the local share funding account distribution from gaming revenues received from the Mount Airy Casino Resort in Mount Pocono.
Stroud Area Regional Police will get $86,310. The funds will be used to buy three new police vehicles and associated computers.
Full Story: Monroe County getting $1.5 million in grants
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: Deputy shoots armed man who charged at him during traffic stop
- Va. sheriff’s office forced to remove 'blessed are the peacemakers' decals
- Judge haunted by release of man in deadly Ohio shootings
- Off-duty cop helps detain man who tried to break cockpit door mid-flight
- UK police: 19 dead, roughly 50 injured after explosion at Ariana Grande concert