Pa. police get $86K for new vehicles
BETHLEHEM, Pa. — A total of $1.507 million in grant funds for Monroe County projects was announced Thursday by State Sen. Lisa Boscola, whose senatorial district includes part of that county.
The grants are part of the local share funding account distribution from gaming revenues received from the Mount Airy Casino Resort in Mount Pocono.
Stroud Area Regional Police will get $86,310. The funds will be used to buy three new police vehicles and associated computers.
Full Story: Monroe County getting $1.5 million in grants
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court