Wash. police get new K-9 unit through grant
VANCOUVER, Wash. — The city of Vancouver has received a $32,000 donation from the Anna and Walter Hammon Charitable Trust.
The donation includes $16,000 for the K-9 unit of the police department and $16,000 for for public safety programs in the fire department. The trust is administered by the Rotary Foundation of Ellensburg.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Trooper under investigation for calling ICE to report illegal immigrant
- Bystander helps officer under attack by jumping on suspect's back
- Sheriff Joe successor pulls back on immigration holds in jails
- Ala. church asks for its own police department
- Police say newly freed gang member killed Calif. officer