Mass. cops get new K-9s through grant
Metro West Daily News
NATICK, Mass. — Natick and Marlborough are getting new furry, four-legged officers.
Through a grant from the Stanton Foundation, K-9 units are being added to 15 municipalities across the state. Each department received $25,000 for the new dogs, according to a press release from the foundation.
The foundation estimates it costs roughly $15,000 to introduce a new K-9 unit with minimal ongoing costs.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help