Mass. cops get new K-9s through grant
Metro West Daily News
NATICK, Mass. — Natick and Marlborough are getting new furry, four-legged officers.
Through a grant from the Stanton Foundation, K-9 units are being added to 15 municipalities across the state. Each department received $25,000 for the new dogs, according to a press release from the foundation.
The foundation estimates it costs roughly $15,000 to introduce a new K-9 unit with minimal ongoing costs.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house