Pa. police get software grant to upgrade alert system
By Sarah Scinto
DURYEA, Pa. — The Police Department will upgrade to a new alert system with the help of a $10,000 grant - but they'll need new computers first.
Council President Mike McGlynn announced at a regular meeting Tuesday night that the department secured a $10,000 grant from the district attorney's office to install Visual Alert 2, a record-management system designed by Metro Alert, on police station computers.
Police Chief Nick Lohman said the upgrade will improve police functions and record-keeping significantly.
Full Story: Duryea Police receive grant for software
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house