Mass. cops get $3K to improve pedestrian, cyclist safety
By Jason Claffey
READING, Mass. — Reading police were recently awarded a $3,000 grant to improve pedestrian and bicyclist safety in town.
The money will be used for targeted enforcement, decoy patrols, breakaway signs, and crosswalk reflective tape.
Reading is one of 48 police departments to receive this grant.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- 84-year-old cop retires after 61 years on force
- Wash. officer shot multiple times during domestic call dies
- Retired RI cop helps Fla. trooper under attack
- Police: Marksman fatally shot Wash. cop killer who was using child as shield
- Photo: Son of slain Mo. cop receives teddy bears made from dad’s uniform