R.I. motorcycle unit to be resurrected through grant
PROVIDENCE, R.I. — The Cranston Police Department is planning to resurrect its motorcycle unit, using a $15,000 legislature grant.
Mayor Allan Fung and acting Chief Kevin Barry are scheduled to accept the grant from House Speaker Nicholas A. Mattiello, D-Cranston, at a ceremony Monday at police headquarters.
Cranston officer Peter-John LeClerc, of the Traffic Bureau, applied for the grant in April.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help