Mo. grant would mean new cruiser for department
By Maridee Lawson
FREDERICKTOWN, Mo. — The Fredericktown Board of Aldermen approved several items during a special meeting Monday afternoon. The board approved an ordinance to accept and comply with various requirements to obtain financial assistance with the USDA. Fredericktown Police Chief Eric Hovis said this is similar to the process the city has gone through in the past.
“We are getting the same opportunity we had last year," Hovis said. "The government has earmarked money set aside for grants that was not used and we are getting the opportunity to apply for the money left over.”
“We will be using the grant money to purchase a new police cruiser if we receive the grant,” said Hovis.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help